1. This is another look that’s best achieved with straight (or wavy) strands, so if your hair is currently curly you can start with our Cupuaçu Anti-Frizz Collectionto smooth your strands. If our hair is currently straight or wavy, add a bit of extra sheen by dabbing on our Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum, then brushing through.
2. Sweep all of your hair to one side and divide it into two sections instead of three (like you would do with a regular braid).
3. Grab both sections and hold in one hand. Separate with your pointer finger and use your other hand to grab a small piece from the outside of one section
4. Pull the strands over to the other half, then take a piece from the outside of that section and braid the opposite way. Keep going until you reach the end of your hair. Apply a clear elastic at the end to hold the braid into place
5. Next, pull the braid loose a little bit and tousle for that finished, undone look.
All products listed in this article can also be found in all Ulta stores.
Carol’s Daughter knows that transitioning isn’t easy—that’s why the brand has founded TransitioningMovement.com, a site dedicated to providing the resources that women need to embrace their natural hair. This definitive online source on how to transition was founded on the idea that every woman should celebrate her own unique beauty. As women transition from relaxed to natural hair with protective styles, the big chop or long or curly grow-outs, we aim to support them as they brave the change with fun, informative and helpful features. Let’s get back to the basics of natural beauty.