Get the Look: Pompadour Style
1. Begin by straightening and smoothing your hair with a blow out or wet set. To help really soften and straighten your hair while protecting it from heat styling damage, use the Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum
on damp hair before blowing dry or setting.
2. Using a flat iron, start straightening your hair in 1/2-inch wide sections, working from the back of your head to the front. This will help you create a more even ‘pompadour’ effect.
3. Once you’ve completely flat ironed your hair, use a wide-barrel curling iron to create a very soft wave into your hair. These waves will help you get a tousled natural look.
4. Take a small amount of the Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother
and begin pinching and twisting sections of your hair to create definition and pieces. Repeat this all over the top of your head, ‘pulling’ the sections upwards as you twist.
5. Take more of the Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother,
rub your palms together to warm it up and begin smoothing down the sides of your hair. Start with a little, and add more as needed. Styling Tip: To get extra volume, you can slide the flat iron straight up when using it and be sure to apply a little of the Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother
at your roots.
HAVE A QUESTION FOR ONE OF OUR EXPERTS? ASK IT HERE.